18 January 2011

reminders

i have my lists in various places: in the right-hand corner of my desk drawer, on yellow post-its next to my computer, folded and put into my wallet, even in my lunch bag for work. my lists remind me of the many projects i'd like to either start or finish, the ever growing lineup of books i want to read, the people i want to talk to and the places i want to see and they sometimes, in the shuffling around of things, get lost. i occasionally save some, as well, to open up and look back on, as a remembrance of where i was and of what was important to me at that particular time in my life. i have a new list now, though not my own, and one that i will never be rid of through no one's fault but my own. and despite just how much i would love to erase it from existence, i will unwillingly carry it with me. it serves it's own purpose, i suppose, as a reminder of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment